Home » » Five Questions With...Andy Lonergan of Wolves

Five Questions With...Andy Lonergan of Wolves

Written By Justin on Saturday, January 28, 2017 | 9:56:00 AM



1. What made you want to become a goalkeeper?

I wanted to be a keeper when I was young because it was where all the action seemed to be and I loved the gloves!

2. Who was your hero growing up?

Growing up, I loved Tim Flowers. He was top keeper at a club that was local to me, and I really looked up to him. I had the pleasure of him being my coach last season too, which was brilliant.

3. What's your favorite or most memorable save?

Best save, I really can't remember! There's a few that stand out for importance, but then from a technical point, I made a save at Huddersfield for Fulham last season that I was pretty pleased with.



4. What's your all-time favorite glove?

I'm a Sells guy, so any of the Sells range are outstanding. But apart from that, the Uhlsport which Tim Flowers had - red and blue - were ones I used to beg my mum and dad for for Christmas!

Andy's boyhood hero Tim Flowers wearing the Uhlsport 107 Spezial


5. Which current goalkeeper do you mot enjoy watching?

I'm a massive fan of Petr Cech. He's just the complete keeper. I like everything about his game, and also I've met him a few times and he's a great guy. Also Lloris, Courtois,  and Jan Oblak at Atletico Madrid are also brilliant.

Massive thanks for Andy for taking time to answer my questions!

0 comments:

Top